I Was Hurt in a New Jersey Construction Accident My Employer Says That There Is No Reason

I was hurt in a New Jersey construction accident. My employer says that there is no reason to contact the workers’ compensation insurer and that he’ll just take care of me. What should I do?

You should not take your employer’s word that he will take care of you, regardless of how good your relationship was with your employer prior to the accident. If your employer is unwilling to contact the workers’ compensation insurer directly then you may:

  • Contact the workers’ compensation insurer directly. Proof of insurance should be displayed and provide you with the information that you need to contact the insurer. If you cannot find the information posted and your employer is unwilling to share it then you can find it by contacting the Compensation Rating & Inspection Bureau at www.njcrib.com.
  • Contact the New Jersey Department of Labor and Workforce Development Division of Workers’ Compensation. You may be able to file a claim to get the recovery that you need.
  • Contact a New Jersey construction accident lawyer. Your attorney can provide you with all of your legal options and zealously advocate for your full and fair recovery of damages.

You should not have to bear the financial burden of accident injuries that you incurred while working a New Jersey construction job. Instead, you should know all of your legal rights and fight for the recovery that you deserve.

For more information, please contact an experienced New Jersey construction lawyer today at 1-800-362-9329 or via this website. We also encourage you to read our FREE brochure: Hurt in a Construction Accident? You’re Not Alone .