DOCTYPE html> Who is Liable for a Construction Injury Caused by Defective Equipment? | Hofmann & Schweitzer
Hofmann & Schweitzer
Call For A Free Consultation
Click To Call For A Free Consultation

Who is Liable for a Construction Injury Caused by Defective Equipment?

When your employer fails to provide you with the necessary construction-safety equipment or allows a coworker to do something that is unsafe and which results in an injury, then a New York or New Jersey construction-accident lawyer can easily identify the potential defendants in your construction-accident case. But what happens when your injury was caused by a defective product? In such a case, your New Jersey orNew York construction injury lawyer must take additional steps to determine who is legally responsible for your injuries.

Identifying Potentially Liable Parties

Construction equipment can become defective for any number of reasons. Your construction accident attorney will consider:

  • Whether the equipment was properly designed
  • Whether the equipment was properly manufactured according to the design
  • Whether proper warnings were provided to the purchasers and users of the equipment
  • Whether the equipment was properly maintained
  • Whether the equipment was repaired, and if so, whether it was repaired correctly

The answers to these questions can provide important information about who was responsible for a workplace accident caused by a defective product.

If you've been injured-or if your loved one has been killed-by a piece of defective construction equipment, New Jersey or New York construction attorneys can help you identify the potentially liable parties and pursue the damages to which you are entitled. Call the construction injury lawyers of Hofmann & Schweitzer at 1-800-362-9329 today for more information. 

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information

Fighting To Protect What Matters Most

You are not the only one who suffers after a serious accident. Crushing medical bills and lost wages can be devastating to your family for years.

It doesn’t have to be that way.

Speak To An Attorney, Get Help.