DOCTYPE html> New Report Finds MTA Signal Inspectors Frequently Failed to Do Their Jobs | Hofmann & Schweitzer
Hofmann & Schweitzer
Call For A Free Consultation
Click To Call For A Free Consultation

New Report Finds MTA Signal Inspectors Frequently Failed to Do Their Jobs

According to a report recently issued by the MTA, subway signal inspectors "frequently" failed to perform the required inspections and repairs on New York City subway signals. Not only did the inspectors fail to do their jobs, but their managers failed to supervise them and falsified reports that were filed with the agency.

An MTA Board Member told the Wall Street Journal that the report's findings are "enormously disturbing."* The New York City Transit President has called the report "a very serious issue."*

What Will the MTA Do in Response to the Report?

The MTA reports that it is considering changing the way signal inspectors do their jobs. Lines may be temporarily shut down, and the size of each signal inspection team may be increased.

The MTA's inspector general is continuing the investigation; the agency has not yet decided on the consequences for employees who falsified reports.

What Should You Do if You're Hurt in a New York Subway Accident?

If you are a subway signal inspector who is injured in a work related accident, it is imperative to contact a New York railroad attorney to discuss your rights. Likewise, if you are a subway passenger who has been injured in an accident, it is important to contact a New York railroad lawyeras soon as possible. Hofmann & Schweitzer's New York railroad attorneys can be reached at 1-800-362-9329 or via our online contact form for a free consultation.

*Source: MTA Workers Falsified Signal Inspections, Wall Street Journal │New York, by Andrew Grossman, December 14, 2010. 

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information

Fighting To Protect What Matters Most

You are not the only one who suffers after a serious accident. Crushing medical bills and lost wages can be devastating to your family for years.

It doesn’t have to be that way.

Speak To An Attorney, Get Help.