DOCTYPE html> Protecting People with Disabilities on New York Railroads | Hofmann & Schweitzer
Hofmann & Schweitzer
Call For A Free Consultation
Click To Call For A Free Consultation

Protecting People with Disabilities on New York Railroads

If you have a disability then it can be scary to take the train. Whether you are on crutches for a short time due to an injury, you are permanently in a wheelchair, or you face other issues such as vision or hearing difficulties, the railroad station can present challenges. The railroad operator may need to take steps to help reduce those challenges and keep you safe. If that doesn't happen and you are injured, then it is important to contact a New York railroad lawyer for help.

3 Ways a Railroad Operator Can Help Keep You Safe

Railroad operators can help keep you safe at train stations and on trains by:

  • Providing accessible routes to trains. An accessible route will not have large gaps in which wheelchair wheels may get stuck, revolving gates, or turnstiles, for example.
  • Having raised warnings next to the tracks that are easy for people with visual impairments to detect.
  • Providing instructions in various ways such as audible announcements and written signs. This way people with visual and hearing impairments can access the information.

Of course, other means are available and may be applicable that can help protect passengers with disabilities from serious New York train accidents.

When to Contact a New York Railroad Lawyer

If you have been hurt, or a loved one has been killed, then it is important to contact a New York railroad attorney as soon as possible. You can reach an experienced New York train accident lawyer by filling out our online form or calling us directly at 1-800-362-9329.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information

Fighting To Protect What Matters Most

You are not the only one who suffers after a serious accident. Crushing medical bills and lost wages can be devastating to your family for years.

It doesn’t have to be that way.

Speak To An Attorney, Get Help.