DOCTYPE html> What to Do if You're Hurt by a Delivery Truck on a New Jersey Construction Site | Hofmann & Schweitzer
Hofmann & Schweitzer
Call For A Free Consultation
Click To Call For A Free Consultation

What to Do if You're Hurt by a Delivery Truck on a New Jersey Construction Site

It wasn't your coworkers who caused the accident on your Jersey City construction site. It may not have even been another contractor on the site. Instead, you were in the wrong place at the wrong time when a truck came to make a delivery of supplies. Whether something fell off the truck and hit you or you were struck directly by the vehicle, your injuries may be serious, and you may be overwhelmed thinking about your recovery.

3 Things You Can Do Right Away

You do not need to wait to begin protecting your possible recovery. If you are physically able to do so then you can start protecting your rights at the accident scene. For example, as soon as you are able, you can:

  • Get the name and contact information for the driver and the driver's employer. If you can't do this at the accident scene then someone on the Jersey City construction site likely has a record of the delivery, and you or your lawyer can get the information later.
  • Report the accident. Make sure that your employer knows the accident occurred so that an investigation can be done.
  • Accept medical care. A diagnosis of your injuries will help guide your treatment plan and get you the care that you need to relieve your pain and aid in your recovery.

Of course, everything can't be done at the accident scene.

You Can Continue Protecting Yourself After the Accident

You can start by learning more about your rights and how to protect them in our free pamphlet, "Hurt in a Construction Accident? You're Not Alone" and by watching our free videos.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information

Fighting To Protect What Matters Most

You are not the only one who suffers after a serious accident. Crushing medical bills and lost wages can be devastating to your family for years.

It doesn’t have to be that way.

Speak To An Attorney, Get Help.