DOCTYPE html> What happens after a maritime injury can be impactful | Hofmann & Schweitzer
Hofmann & Schweitzer
Call For A Free Consultation
Click To Call For A Free Consultation

What happens after a maritime injury can be impactful

The complex nature of maritime law is not the only reason why promptly seeking out the advice of a skilled maritime accident attorney can be so important for maritime workers following suffering a job-related injury. Another reason is that a hurt maritime worker can, rather soon after their injury occurred, encounter situations where what they do and say could have significant ramifications regarding their legal situation when it comes to their injury.  

Take, for example, post-injury interactions with one's employer and the insurer of one's employer. After a maritime worker is hurt on the job, there are a variety of things their employer or their employer's insurer might ask them to do. For example, they may ask the worker to make a recorded statement or sign a document in relation to the injury. Another thing they might do is make a settlement offer to the worker. 

How a worker responds to these sorts of requests or situations is far from inconsequential. What a worker ends up doing could have major implications on what their legal rights and options are moving forward. This is turn, could have long-term implications for a worker when it comes to compensation for their injury. 

So, the time after suffering a maritime injury is a time in which taking a misstep could have considerable implications for a maritime worker. One could understand how, in such an environment, trying to navigate the situation without the help of a legal professional knowledgeable in maritime law matters could have the potential to pose hazards.  

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information

Fighting To Protect What Matters Most

You are not the only one who suffers after a serious accident. Crushing medical bills and lost wages can be devastating to your family for years.

It doesn’t have to be that way.

Speak To An Attorney, Get Help.