Hofmann & Schweitzer
Call For A Free Consultation
Click To Call For A Free Consultation

What to Expect After a Spinal Cord Injury

If you have incurred a spinal cord injury after a fall, then you already know that the short term affects on your life are dramatic. Less than one percent of people who sustain a spinal cord injury make a complete recovery by the time they leave the hospital.*

Things that you were once able to do for yourself now require help. You may be unable to work or even to live on your own. Understanding what to expect after a spinal cord injury and how to recover is important so that you can create a realistic recovery plan.

Employment After a Spinal Cord Injury
It is important to remember that you are an individual and the statistics provided do not sentence you to a certain fate. However, the statistics do provide a realistic picture of what it is like to live with a spinal cord injury. Approximately 57% of spinal cord injury victims are employed at the time of their accident. Ten years later, approximately 32% of paraplegics and 24% of quadriplegics are employed.

Cost of a Spinal Cord Injury
It is estimated that the lifetime medical costs of a spinal cord injury victim range anywhere from half a million dollars to more than three million dollars depending on the age of the victim and the extent of the injury. Those figures do not include lost wages and other expenses.

If you have suffered a spinal cord injury in a New York or New Jersey slip and fall accident, call theNew Jersey and New York spinal cord injury lawyers of Hofmann & Schweitzer for more information about your potential recovery.

*Source: National Spinal Cord Injury Statistical Center, Birmingham, Alabama Spinal Cord Injury Facts & Figures at a Glance 2008

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information

Fighting To Protect What Matters Most

You are not the only one who suffers after a serious accident. Crushing medical bills and lost wages can be devastating to your family for years.

It doesn’t have to be that way.

Speak To An Attorney, Get Help.