DOCTYPE html> OSHA and Shipbuilding Group Announce Safety Alliance | Hofmann & Schweitzer
Hofmann & Schweitzer
Call For A Free Consultation
Click To Call For A Free Consultation

OSHA and Shipbuilding Group Announce Safety Alliance

On September 24, 2010, the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and the Shipbuilding Group announced an Alliance to help protect shipbuilder workers' safety. The Shipbuilding Group, includes the American Shipbuilding Association (ASA), the National Shipbuilding Research Program (NSRP) and the Shipbuilders Council of America (SCA). Together these groups represent shipyards with more than 150,000 machinists, sheet metal workers, plumbers, pipefitters and others involved in shipbuilding. This includes the majority of naval and commercial shipbuilders in the United States.

The purpose of the Alliance is to educate workers about their rights and risks of harm and to provide employers with information and training to keep workers safe. The Alliance is targeting safety generally and the following dangers more specifically: slip, trip and falls accidents, musculoskeletal injuries, and struck by injuries.

Previous Alliances between OSHA and shipbuilders have focused on protecting workers from the dangers of electrocution, welding, and the inhalation of dangerous gases.

Shipbuilding workers and employers are urged to contact OSHA, ASA, NSRP or SCA for more information about this important program or to get started protecting shipbuilding workers' safety.

If you are a shipbuilder who has been hurt on the job, then you may be entitled to compensation for your injuries. Contact the experienced New Jersey and New York shipbuilder injury lawyers of Hofmann & Schweitzer today at 1-800-362-9329 or via our online contact form for more information. 

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information

Fighting To Protect What Matters Most

You are not the only one who suffers after a serious accident. Crushing medical bills and lost wages can be devastating to your family for years.

It doesn’t have to be that way.

Speak To An Attorney, Get Help.