Hofmann & Schweitzer
Call For A Free Consultation
Click To Call For A Free Consultation

Read Our Blog About Railroad, Construction and Maritime Accidents in New York and New Jersey

Seamen can be seriously injured when protective safety gear is not present on their vessel. Read this blog post to learn about potential damages in such a case and contact an experienced New York and New Jersey Jones Act attorney at 1-800-3-MAY-DAY or via our online contact form for more information about your specific case. 

Often, seamen do not know that there is a lack of adequate and necessary safety gear aboard a vessel until an emergency occurs, at which time it is too late to do much about it. As New York and New Jersey maritime lawyers, we know that proper safety gear is critically important in an emergency.

If the safety gear is not adequate, not working, or if seamen do not know how to use it, then an accident may result in injuries or fatalities. The lack of appropriate safety equipment, or the lack of training on such equipment, may render a vessel unseaworthy and provide seamen with the protections of the Jones Act.

Potential damages pursuant to the Jones Act include compensation for maintenance, or daily living expenses while not onboard the vessel, and cure, or medical treatment until the maximum medical cure has been reached. These financial damages can be significant and may allow you to get the treatment that you need to make as full a recovery as possible.

If you have been injured because of a lack functioning safety gear that you knew how to use then you may be entitled to Jones Act damages. Contact an experienced New Jersey and New York Jones Act lawyer for more information about your rights. We can be reached at 1-800-3-MAY-DAY or via our online contact form for a free consultation. 

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information

Fighting To Protect What Matters Most

You are not the only one who suffers after a serious accident. Crushing medical bills and lost wages can be devastating to your family for years.

It doesn’t have to be that way.

Speak To An Attorney, Get Help.