DOCTYPE html> Hiring a New York Jones Act Attorney May Mean Recovery Without Court | Hofmann & Schweitzer
Hofmann & Schweitzer
Call For A Free Consultation
Click To Call For A Free Consultation

Hiring a New York Jones Act Attorney May Mean Recovery Without Court

Many injured seamen and maritime workers hire a New York Jones Act attorneybecause they have a legal dispute. They are concerned about their potential recovery, but may have concerns about going to court.

While our New York maritime injury lawyers have successfully taken many cases to trial and would not hesitate to do so if it was in the best interest of one of our current clients, we often resolve issues before a trial is necessary.

Our experienced New York Jones Act lawyers can encourage settlements by:

  • Thoroughly investigating your case to understand what it is worth and what a fair settlement might be for your injuries.
  • Using our negotiating skills to effectively communicate with the other side about your potential recovery.
  • Keeping your goals in mind and working hard to achieve justice on your behalf.

It is important to contact a New York City Jones Act lawyer as soon as you are injured so that your lawyer can get started working on your potential settlement. Anything that you say to your employer, to an insurer, or even to a coworker can later be used against you in settlement negotiations. Therefore, we advise you not to say anything or sign anything prior to consulting with legal counsel.

Often, an experienced lawyer can recover a higher settlement than an injured seaman can on his own. Please contact an experienced New York maritime attorney at 1-800-3-MAY-DAY today for more information.

We also invite you to read our FREE book: The Legal Rights of Injured Seamen and other Commercial Mariners to learn more about your rights.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information

Fighting To Protect What Matters Most

You are not the only one who suffers after a serious accident. Crushing medical bills and lost wages can be devastating to your family for years.

It doesn’t have to be that way.

Speak To An Attorney, Get Help.