Hofmann & Schweitzer
Call For A Free Consultation
Click To Call For A Free Consultation

Will New Committee Prevent Future Fatal New Jersey Train Accidents?

New FELA attorneys and the public are less than 60 days away from hearing the recommendations of the Railroad Crossings Leadership Oversight Committee. The Committee has been charged with developing a national model to reduce train accident fatalities by keeping young people off of the train tracks.

Who is on this committee?

The Committee includes representatives from the:

  • Federal Railroad Administration
  • Federal Highway Administration
  • National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
  • New Jersey Department of Education
  • New Jersey State Police
  • New Jersey Motor Vehicle Commission
  • New Jersey Division of Highway Traffic Safety
  • New Jersey Transit Police
  • New Jersey Department of Transportation
  • Operation Lifesaver (a national group that works with rail agencies to educate the public about safety issues)

20 People Have Died in NJ Transit Accidents So Far This Year

These deaths, particularly the death of several teenagers within a few days of each in October, have prompted the development of this committee in an effort to save lives.

If You Are Hurt in a New Jersey Train Accident a New York FELA Attorney May Help

Fatal New Jersey train accidents have been in the news often in recent months. However, New Jersey is not unique and that is why the Committee will be working toward a national model to address this problem.

As the Committee works to prevent future problems, New Jersey and New York FELA lawyers work with survivors to help them with their current legal problems. For more information about how a New York train accident lawyer may be able to help you, please call 1-800-362-9329.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information

Fighting To Protect What Matters Most

You are not the only one who suffers after a serious accident. Crushing medical bills and lost wages can be devastating to your family for years.

It doesn’t have to be that way.

Speak To An Attorney, Get Help.