DOCTYPE html> What Welding Radiation Could Do to You on a NY Construction Site | Hofmann & Schweitzer
Hofmann & Schweitzer
Call For A Free Consultation
Click To Call For A Free Consultation

What Welding Radiation Could Do to You on a NY Construction Site

You can see some serious construction risks. You may see a vehicle backing up or a piece of debris falling, for example. However, what you can't see may be every bit as dangerous. For welders, one of the dangers that you can't see is radiation. Both ultraviolet radiation and infrared radiation can be risky for welders on New York construction sites. If you are a welder, then you deserve to know about these risks and to understand how a New York construction lawyer may help you if you've been hurt.

The Dangers of Radiation

The specific types of radiation, and the dangers they may cause include:

  • Ultraviolet radiation: this type of radiation is created by the electric arc in the welding process and can result in severe burns and eye damage.
  • Infrared radiation: this type of radiation is not as dangerous as ultraviolet radiation, especially when appropriate protective equipment is worn. However, it can result in thermal burns, in some cases.

As a welder, you have a dangerous job, and these are not the only risks you face. If you have been hurt by radiation exposure, or anything else, it is important to know how to get the help that you deserve.

Call a New York Construction Accident Lawyer Today if You've Been Injured

If you have been burned, suffered eye damage, or sustained another type of injury, then we invite you to contact an experienced New York construction attorney today at 1-800-362-9329 and to read our FREE brochure, Hurt in a Construction Accident? You're Not Alone, for more information.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information

Fighting To Protect What Matters Most

You are not the only one who suffers after a serious accident. Crushing medical bills and lost wages can be devastating to your family for years.

It doesn’t have to be that way.

Speak To An Attorney, Get Help.