Hofmann & Schweitzer
Call For A Free Consultation
Click To Call For A Free Consultation

Fatal Scaffolding Accident: Helping Surviving Family Members

A fatal scaffolding accident is a tragic event that no one is ready for. Helping the youngsters in our lives deal with grief and loss can be difficult. Reaching out to other supportive family members and good friends can help ease your burden.

You Can Help Your Children

We won't pretend that things will be easy or that your children won't suffer. However, we are confident that you can help your children through this difficult time by:

  • Listening to them.
  • Talking to them in age appropriate ways.
  • Surrounding your family with the love of other supportive and gentle relatives and friends.
  • Taking care of yourself so that you can take care of them.
  • Getting them professional counseling, if needed.
  • Working with their schools and their pediatrician to make sure that their academic, physical and emotional needs are met.
  • Pursuing a claim for the relative's death that allows the children to maintain the same standard of living they are accustomed to.

None of these actions will take away the grief your kids are experiencing but they can make things a little bit easier.

Together, We Can Help Children Who've Lost Parents in Fatal Accidents

Children do not deserve to suffer financially while they are grieving the loss of a parent from a New York City construction accident. Instead, we all have a role to play in protecting their future. We would be honored to help your family during this difficult time and invite you to contact us if you think we can be of any help. We also encourage you to leave a comment on this blog post if you have tips for other parents who may be facing similar situations.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information

Fighting To Protect What Matters Most

You are not the only one who suffers after a serious accident. Crushing medical bills and lost wages can be devastating to your family for years.

It doesn’t have to be that way.

Speak To An Attorney, Get Help.