Can a Maritime Worker Recover Damages for Being Hurt by a Car Truck or Other Motor Vehicle

Can a Maritime Worker Recover Damages for Being Hurt by a Car, Truck or other Motor Vehicle?

While many maritime workers work on the water where there are no cars or trucks, some maritime workers complete their work on docks or on land where motor vehicles may be present and cause significant accidents and injuries. For example, consider a longshoreman who is responsible for loading or unloading cargo from a ship. Typically, that cargo comes from or is loaded on to a motor vehicle. Longshoremen who are injured by motor vehicles during the course of their work may be entitled to compensation pursuant to the Longshore and Harbor Workers Compensation Act.

In order to recover the damages to which you are entitled pursuant to that law, it is important to contact an experienced New York Jones Act attorney as soon as possible after your injury. The New York maritime injury lawyers of Hofmann & Schweitzer have the experience and dedication necessary to help clients recover the money to which they are legally entitled. To learn more about your rights, please read our free publication: The Legal Rights of Injured Seamen and Other Commercial Mariners and please call an experienced New York Jones Act lawyer today at 1-800-3-MAY-DAY (1-800-362-9329) for more information.