I Am a Cruise Ship Worker and I Was Hurt on a Cruise Ship That Left From the New York Cruise


I am a cruise ship worker, and I was hurt on a cruise ship that left from the New York Cruise Terminal. What should I do now?

If you are hurt during the course of your employment on a cruise ship, then you may be entitled to compensation for your injuries. In many cases, you may be considered to be a seaman for purposes of the federal Jones Act. To find out if you may be considered a seaman, and thus protected by the Jones Act, or if you are a maritime worker covered by another maritime law, it is important to contact a New York Jones Act attorney.

A New York Jones Act lawyer will review the facts of your case and work hard to get you the damages to which you may be legally entitled. For example, if the Jones Act applies to your cruise ship injuries, then your New York accident lawyer will fight hard for your just recovery. This would include medical expenses, up until you reach the maximum medical cure, and living expenses (maintenance) that you would not have had to pay if you had continued to live and work on the cruise ship.

For more information, please contact an experienced New York maritime lawyer at 1-800-3-MAY-DAY for a free and confidential consultation.