It is important to know what to do if you've been injured by a toxic substance at home or at work, whether the symptoms associated with your toxic substance exposure start gradually or come on suddenly. If you've been hurt by a toxic substance, it is important to seek medical attention, notify your landlord or employer, and seek the advice of a New Jersey injury lawyer at Hofmann & Schweitzer by contacting us at 1-800-362-9329 or via our online contact form.
Sometimes the symptoms of exposure to a toxic substance are immediate. Exposure to carbon monoxide, for example, can quickly become lethal. However, other times, the symptoms of exposure to toxic substances are slow to develop. Your symptoms may start with a cough or a feeling of lethargy. Whether you notice the sudden onset of symptoms or a more gradual onset of symptoms, it is important to seek medical attention as soon as possible.
Your doctor may conduct tests to determine if you have been exposed to a toxic substance. If the test comes back positive, then it is important to immediately report it to your landlord and/or employer so that they can conduct the appropriate tests to determine where you were exposed to the toxins and to protect others from similar complications.
After that, we encourage you to contact a New York and New Jersey injury lawyer at Hofmann & Schweitzer. Our New Jersey and New York personal injury attorneys believe that you should not have to suffer financial damages along with your physical damages if someone else was responsible for your injuries. We will fight hard for your just recovery. Please contact us at 1-800-362-9329 or via our online contact form.