Have You Been Injured At Your Maritime Job? Speak With Our Experienced Admiralty Lawyers For Free (646) 760-6016
Our Admiralty Law Firm Protects Injured Maritime Workers
If you've been injured while working your maritime job, chances are you have several troubling concerns that keep you up at night. Questions like:
- How will I pay for medical bills after suffering a maritime injury?
- What if I can no longer provide for my family?
- Why isn't my maritime employer concerned about my injuries?
- What if a co-worker gets injured in the same manner at sea?
- Is the low-ball offer the insurance adjuster presented really all my injuries are worth?
- Does my claim fall under the Jones Act?
- Do I need to speak with an admiralty lawyer?
What Does Admiralty Law Entail?
Admiralty law governs a variety of maritime issues and seamen disputes. Injured maritime workers and their attorneys typically look to past legal cases to help define how admiralty law can help employees and workers receive the compensation they deserve following a work-related injury. Just some of the maritime areas covered by admiralty law include:
- Workers performing marine commerce such as fishermen
- Ship employees of all types of vessels
- Maritime salvage workers such as employees hired to recover a vessel and its cargo following a shipwreck
Employers and their insurance companies will likely attempt to dispute an injured workers' right to file a claim under admiralty law to avoid having to pay for your injuries and the consequences. Even if you aren’t sure if you are eligible, an experienced attorney can help you fully understand the law and help demonstrate you qualify for compensation.
Hofmann & Schweitzer Is Here To Answer All Your Jones Act Questions
"Since 1977 we have represented injured maritime workers and seamen across the globe, building an exceptional track record of verdicts and settlements. We know how the insurance companies work and fight diligently to ensure employers are held accountable by paying the maximum amount for your maritime injuries."
- The Experienced Admiralty Law Attorneys of Hofmann & Schweitzer
Speak With An Admiralty Law Attorney For Free
It's crucial to speak with an experienced admiralty lawyer as soon as possible following a maritime injury, whether it be on the docks or offshore. Although admiralty laws have been created to ensure seamen and maritime workers would be protected if injured while working, the law includes many nuances and definitions that can certainly have a negative impact on your settlement. Waiting for your employer to begin the workers' compensation process is a huge mistake as evidence of your maritime accident may be compromised. Being proactive not only lets the insurance adjusters know you mean business, it's also your best bet to ensure the protection of your family's financial well-being.
To schedule your FREE, no-obligation consultation please fill out the form on this page or call our admiralty lawyers directly at (646)760-6016.
Contact Our Admiralty Lawyers
Why Choose Us
The time after an accident and injury can be overwhelming and stressful. Victims and their families must face the pain from physical and emotional injuries, as well as the financial burden that accompanies missed work and lost income. The legal team at Hofmann & Schweitzer understands how difficult this can be, and that’s why we fight to ensure that every client can obtain the compensation to move forward to a successful and secure future. When you retain our services, you will find:
- Experienced litigators. We prepare every case for the possibility of trial, and the insurance companies know we will go the distance to protect our clients, increasing the likelihood of a favorable settlement offer.
- Representation that gets results. Our firm has helped clients recover over a hundred million dollars after accidents and injuries, placing us in an elite group of multi-million dollar legal advocates.
- Individualized attention. We are a small firm that provides personalized service. Our attorneys will personally visit the client's accident site to develop an understanding of why the event happened. Further, our legal team has a policy to return every call within 24 hours, and we pay house calls when necessary to those clients who are unable to leave their homes after an injury.
- Comprehensive legal knowledge. The legal team at Hofmann & Schweitzer focuses on personal injury matters, with special emphasis on maritime, construction, and railroad workers. New York law is unique in its approach to this type of compensation, and our lawyers offer complete and effective insight into state law, as well as the Jones Act, the Longshore and Harbor Workers’ Compensation Act, and FELA.