Dario Anthony Chinigo is a personal injury attorney with more than 20 years of experience in litigation and an associate with the firm of Hofmann & Schweitzer since 2004. Having immigrated to the United States from his native Italy in 1983, Dario is especially sensitive to the issues and problems faced by immigrants who are injured as a result of others’ negligence. He speaks, reads and writes Italian fluently, and is conversational in Spanish.
The Path To Becoming An Experienced Personal Injury Attorney
Prior to joining Hofmann & Schweitzer as an associate, Dario worked for plaintiff law firms as well as large defense firms, gaining invaluable experience and insight into all facets of personal injury litigation. Dario successfully tried numerous cases to verdict and has helped to effectuate settlements for clients for many years. Dario has served as an arbitrator in the New York City Court System, where he was called on to decide diverse and interesting lawsuits.
Dario is admitted to practice law in all State Courts in New York and New Jersey, is admitted to practice in the United States District Courts for the Eastern and Southern Districts of New York, the District of New Jersey and the Third Circuit Court of Appeals. He is a member of numerous legal associations, including the American Association for Justice, the New York and New Jersey Associations for Justice, The New York State Trial Lawyers Association, the New York County Lawyers Association, and the Columbian Lawyers Association.
A Dedicated Personal Injury Attorney
Dario is married with three children, he coaches his children’s sports teams, has served on the executive board of his towns’ athletic program, and is currently a councilman in his hometown of River Edge, New Jersey.
Year Joined Firm
- New York
- New Jersey
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court District of New Jersey
- U.S. Court of Appeals 3rd Circuit
- New York Law School, New York, New York
- J.D. - 1995
- Honors: Founder and President, Italian American Law Students Association
- Fordham University, New York City
- B.A., Bachelor of Arts - 1992
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Association for Justice, Member
- New York Association for Justice, Member
- New Jersey Associations for Justice, Member
- The New York State Trial Lawyers Association, Member
- The New York County Lawyers Association, Member
- The Columbian Lawyers Association, Member
Past Employment Positions
- Hofmann & Schweitzer, 2004 - Present
- White & McSpedon, 2000 - 2004
- Morris, Duffy, Alonso & Farley, 1998 - 2000
- Mangiatordi Maher & Lemmo, 1995 - 1998