Hofmann & Schweitzer is proud to announce that three of the firm’s attorneys have been included in the 2018 publication of New York Super Lawyers Magazine.
What it Means to Be a Super Lawyer
Super Lawyers, which is part of Thomson Reuters, is an attorney rating service. Selection is based both on independent research and input from other lawyers. In order to be included on the Super Lawyers list an attorney must be peer-nominated, have significant peer recognition, and have significant professional achievement as evidenced by 12 different indicators.
Once an attorney has been nominated for inclusion on the Super Lawyers list independent research will be conducted into the following areas:
- Verdicts and settlements
- Representative clients
- Honors and awards
- Special licenses and certifications
- Position within the law firm
- Bar and professional activity
- Pro bono and community service
- Scholarly lectures and writings
- Education and employment background
- Other outstanding achievements
Then, peer evaluation will occur.
The goal of the Super Lawyers program is to, “create a credible, comprehensive, and diverse listing of outstanding attorneys that can be used as a resource for attorneys and consumers searching for legal counsel….”
Only lawyers who are deemed to be in the top five percent in the state are included on the New York Super Lawyers List.
Paul Hofmann, Timothy Schweitzer, and Dario Chinigo Are 2018 Super Lawyers
In 2018, the following Hofmann & Schweitzer attorneys were named as New York Super Lawyers:
- Paul T. Hofmann. Mr. Hofmann is a top-rated railroad, construction, and maritime injury lawyer in New York City. He has been recognized as a Super Lawyer from 2006-2011 and from 2013-2018. Mr. Hofmann has more than 30 years of legal experience and, according to Super Lawyers, “is a recognized champion for those whose lives have been forever changed by serious or catastrophic injuries.” He has represented hundreds of clients and secured more than $100 million in verdicts and settlements.
- Timothy F. Schweitzer. Mr. Schweitzer’s practice areas include helping injured people particularly those hurt in construction accidents, railroad accidents, and maritime incidents. He has been practicing law since 2000 and has been recognized as a Super Lawyer in 2017-2018.
- Dario Chinigo. Mr. Chinigo has been recognized as a Super Lawyer in 2013-2018. This year, Mr. Chinigo was included in a special article about eight New York Super Lawyers who immigrated to the United States. Mr. Chinigo’s family first left Italy when he was nine years old. After leaving Italy, the Chinigo family went to Toronto, then to Texas, and finally to New York City. Mr. Chinigo remembers what it was like to be in a new country with new customs and social norms and he remembers the importance of a friendly face. Today, Mr. Chinigo is a top-rated personal injury lawyer in New York City.
Want to Talk to a Super Lawyer?
We are proud that our peers and the Super Lawyers researchers recognize the outstanding legal work that we do on behalf of our clients. However, that is not why we do the work that we do. Mr. Hofmann, Mr. Schweitzer, Mr. Chinigo and the entire Hofmann & Schweitzer team comes to work every day to benefit each individual client whom we represent.
We are passionate about seeing justice done and making sure that our clients are treated fairly. We fight hard to make sure that our clients receive fair recoveries for work-related injuries in the construction, railroad, and maritime fields. Our clients’ families are counting on them not to let the crushing weight of medical bills and the burden of lost income change their standard of living, and we are here to help our clients achieve their legal and financial goals. We provide personal attention to every client throughout each stage of the recovery process.
Please contact us online or call our office directly at 212.465.8840 to schedule a free consultation at our New York City office, to learn more about your rights, and to get started protecting your fair recovery.