- Significant pain or tenderness in the area of the tailbone
- A bruise on or near the tailbone
- Pain when you sit for a significant amount of time
- Pain or difficulty with bowel movements
- For women, pain during sexual intercourse
You may be at risk for a tailbone injury if you fall on a hard surface and land in the sitting position. Thus, if you have recently been involved in a slip or trip and fall accident, it is important to consult with a physician about any of the symptoms described above that you may experience. If you slipped and fell on someone else’s property, then you should also speak with a New Jersey or New York back injury lawyer for more information about your potential legal recovery.