You know to keep copies of your medical records, but do you know what other kind of papers may be important if you’ve been hurt in a New York construction accident? Do you know what kinds of receipts may be helpful if you file a workers’ compensation claim or if you file a personal injury lawsuit?

Five Records You Will Want to Keep

From the time that you are injured, you are going to want to start keeping good records of your expenses, and you are going to want to share those records with your New York construction accident attorney. The better your documentation, the more likely you are to make a financial recovery. Accordingly, the New York City Bar recommendations that you keep copies of:

  1. Your medical records.
  2. Your medical bills.
  3. Your mileage to and from doctors’ appointments and therapist appointments.
  4. Out-of-pocket expenses, such as medications and medical equipment.
  5. Your earnings. This is particularly important if you go back to work part time or in a different capacity and you are not earning the same amount as you were earning prior to your accident.

Other specific documentation may also be important in your case.

Call a New York Construction Accident Lawyer for Help with Your Recovery

Your New York construction accident attorney will discuss your legal options with you and advise you about the type of documentation that you should keep to help build your case. For more information about protecting your rights or filing for a recovery after a New York construction accident injury, we encourage you to call us directly at 800-362-9329 or to contact us via this website. We also invite you to download a FREE copy of our brochure, Hurt in a Construction Accident? You’re Not Alone. Together, we will work hard to get you the recovery that you deserve for the injuries that you sustained in a New York construction accident.

Timothy F. Schweitzer
Connect with me
Personal injury lawyer specializing in maritime, construction and railroad injury claims.