For many decades asbestos was commonly used on trains and in the railroad industry. Now, decades after asbestos insulation was used in things ranging from pipes to train cars, the often significant health effects of asbestos exposure are becoming evident in railroad workers. Some workers are developing a rare, but dangerous, form of cancer known as mesothelioma. If you have worked on a New York or New Jersey railroad, then it is important to know about mesothelioma and to know when to contact a New York railroad attorney.
5 Things You Need to Know About Mesothelioma
As a railroad worker, it is important to know that asbestos exposure for railroad workers may cause mesothelioma and that mesothelioma:
- Is almost exclusively caused by asbestos exposure
- Most often occurs decades after asbestos exposure
- Often results in a short life expectancy because it is often diagnosed at a late stage and is difficult to treat
- May have been preventable if steps were taken to protect you from asbestos exposure
- May have been a known risk to the railroad industry before safety measures were put in place
When to Contact a New York Railroad Attorney
It is important to contact a New York railroad lawyer as soon as you are diagnosed with mesothelioma. While your prognosis may be concerning, there are steps that you may take to help protect your family's future.
To learn more, please call 1-800-362-9329 today to speak with an experienced New York City railroad lawyer.