Can I collect workers compensation if I am injured on the job?

It depends on your maritime status. Sometimes you are limited to what is called maintenance and cure which governs the worker's right to compensation for his injury under a federal statue called the Jones Act. However, many persons injured working on fishing vessels, floating platforms, barges, etc. and who have received benefits under either state or federal workers compensation programs may still be entitled to recover under the Jones Act for your injuries. It is important that you contact a qualified maritime attorney to discuss your options.