While several U.S. Navy service members have already filed injury claims in the 2017 USS Fitzgerald collision with the ACX Crystal, many sailors are still attempting to cope with the effects of the incident on their own. Unfortunately, the deadline to file a lawsuit is fast approaching, and these brave service members may soon lose their rights to compensation forever. If you or someone you know was aboard the USS Fitzgerald when the tragedy occurred, please call 1-800-3-MAY-DAY or complete our online contact form today.
There Is a Limited Time to File a Personal Injury Lawsuit Against NYK Line
Federal laws require that all maritime injury lawsuits be filed within three years of the date of the accident. In the case of the USS Fitzgerald, the deadline to bring a claim is June 17, 2020. However, injured sailors should not wait to speak to an attorney, since it takes some time to complete the steps necessary to file a claim.
If you have not already sought representation for your injuries in this incident, you must contact our offices by May 30, 2020, so there is time to file the claim.
Our maritime injury attorneys can:
- Listen to your story and advise you on your next steps at no cost to you
- Help you write down everything you remember about the incident and your recovery to ensure you are fully compensated
- Ensure you are getting the medical help you need for your injuries
- Prevent you from making mistakes in your case (such as giving a recorded statement or attempting to go back to work)
- Protect your privacy while your claim is pending
- Speak to insurers and medical bill collectors on your behalf
- Wait until your case is successfully settled before we collect any fees from you
Our law office has been fighting for injured maritime workers nationwide for over 40 years, including Navy personnel suffering from the effects of a deadly collision. If you are a service member who was aboard the USS Fitzgerald when it was struck, call 1-800-3-MAY-DAY or complete our online contact form today to set up your free case evaluation.